Junior IT Support Specialist
Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Junior IT Support Specialist in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
If you have good communications skills and a foundational understanding of server and client operating systems, user access and identity management, industry hardware & software standards, then we would love to hear from you. You will be working alongside our more experienced colleagues on taking and understanding employees' feedback, objectives, and issues to help them resolve the root cause of the problem. This role is a good fit for people who are looking to take their career to the next level, are interested in working with cutting-edge technologies, expanding their IT knowledge and acquiring Microsoft, Apple and other industry certifications.
About the role:
- Provide IT support to all Progress employees worldwide via phone, email, ServiceNow ticketing, and in-person
- Manage user and computer accounts in a Microsoft environment
- Manage IT support queue and respond promptly to tickets keeping the user informed of the status and resolution
- Clearly document each case in call management software, annotate all updates, and properly document a final resolution
- Track, support, and remediate problems and requests, and document resolutions
- Troubleshoot remote access issues both software and hardware
- Research and resolve software/hardware errors through vendors and technical literature
- Assist with employee onboarding and terminations
- Maintain and document inventory and supply needs
- Work with hardware vendors for support issues
- 1-2 years of experience in IT, preferably in a user support role
- Operating systems troubleshooting skills (Windows 10 and macOS)
- Experience in the administration of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Office365
- A foundational level of understanding of networking basics like DHCP, DNS, IP subnetting, Wi-Fi technologies
- Good hardware knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field and/or Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, ITIL, JAMF or similar industry certifications will be considered an advantage
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!