Technical Support Engineer, Senior 2 (Dot Net/ASP.NET)
We're Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
Join us as a Customer Application Engineer for our Product support team in Hyderabad.
In this very technical role you will be a part of a product team and will be helping customers troubleshoot, develop and deploy bleeding-edge business solutions. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn the Sitefinity platform inside-out and will be working with some of the world’s leading Fortune 500 companies. As you work hand-in-hand with our customers, you’ll be among the first to hear their direct product feedback and will have the chance to influence the product roadmap.
As our support is legendary and we pride ourselves for it, we are only looking for the best of the best. So are you ready to join us?
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Be quite confident/ familiar with .NET platform and have programming knowledge in HTML, ASP.NET Web Forms/ MVC
- Be willing to learn new technologies and eager to constantly improve your technical skills
- Be a great listener, have the ability to dig deep into an issue and have the skills to effectively troubleshoot and communicate with customers and colleagues
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Owning designated issues submitted by customers and making sure the problem is solved in the best possible way
- Debug the Product source code to understand the API functionality
- Analyse the Customer application source code and provide sample code using Sitefinity API’s to achieve their requirements
- Researching variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, and community forums
- Communicating clearly with customers and setting the right expectations and manage escalations
- Participating in knowledge capturing (creating and updating knowledge resources like product demos, technical articles and documentation)
- Come up with ideas for technical content – demos, blog posts, or anything that might be helpful for both current and potential customers
- Work with client development projects to examine their problems and propose an appropriate solution (could be the case you come out with an extremely innovative solution which turns into a product/ feature implementation)
- Logging product defects and feature requests while properly gathering the required context
- Liaise our customers with the product team - communicate bug reports and feature requests
- Working on Product Bug Fixing (Low risk defects / Bugs)
- Familiarity with software development tools and environments such as Jira, Github, Azure DevOps etc
- Develop good understanding of Sitefinity Product, Product documentation , Bug process etc
- Analyse, troubleshoot and fix product code for Low risk Product defects by meeting corporate business process and product standard requirements
- Prepare maintenance fixes for product Development review for inclusion into relevant product build, meeting all quality requirements
Sitefinity is an ASP.NET Content Management System delivering power without the complications. Designed with both usability and extensibility in mind, Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it’s built on a cutting-edge code-base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long term needs of today’s businesses, including tackling the fast-paced world of mobile.
If you are looking for:
- A chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting edge products
- A constant stream of exciting challenges and a broad range of resources to solve them
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment with open communication and smart people around you
- An opportunity for professional and personal growth enhanced through a large library, development programs, trainings and regular performance assessment.
If this sounds like the right career opportunity from you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity and paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!