We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Network Engineer in our Communications Services team in Sofia.
The Progress Communication Services Team has the mission to foresee and define a strategy how the network should be integrated with business and business priorities. Our vision is that network should be more than basic connectivity, bandwidth for users and access to applications. Instead it should offer an end-to-end functionality together with centralized control which helps business agility.
As a member of the team you will:
- Have the responsibility for the day to day support and advancement of our global network infrastructure. This includes areas such as:
- Routing and Switching
- WAN Optimization
- VPN and Remote Access
- LAN/WAN Connectivity
- Load Balancers
- Network Management Software
- Contribute to roadmap, architectural direction and continuous improvement
- Document technical engineering procedures for use by other members of the IT Infrastructure team utilizing the Engineer Design document
- Be responsible for monitoring network utilization and performance
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately upon network incidents
- Proactively communicate about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues
- Be a Resource for helping to resolve network related issues that are escalated to the highest level
- Assist in vendor negotiations and the RFP/RFI process
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A relevant university degree
- Solid experience in core routing & switching technologies
- Holding CCNA or CCNP certification will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and Python scripting and Ansible will be considered an advantage.
- Exceptional ability and strong desire to learn new skills.
- Very good English language skills
- Whip smart, proactive, go-getter who thrives in a team environment
- Analytical, creative and innovative approach to identify problems and drive solutions
If the above fits your experience and interests, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!