Customer Account Representative
We are Progress and we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrows applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking , and we care for our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. We are looking for a Customer Account Representative for our sales team in SIngapore role is a total focus on customer care across a customer’s journey; from inquiry through to fulfilment and beyond. This position is highly strategic role that is responsible for driving adoption and identifying growth opportunities to expand Progress product footprint, while demonstrating the value and benefits to our customers. Strong communications skills will drive and accelerate mutual success with our customers, partners and stakeholders in a cross-functional environment. CARs will have a material impact on how our customers value their investment with Progress by leveraging their investment to achieve their business outcomes. This role is responsible for continuous improvement of processes, while identifying key adoption triggers and call to actions or plays. It will work collaboratively with the business unit as well as effectively communicating with internal cross-functional line of business contacts.
- Laser focus on reducing churn, increased product usage.
- Identify opportunities, close additional revenue from assigned clients, including up-selling and cross-selling of related products, accountable for client renewal and retention results
- Prepare quotes and book orders of diverse complexity to ensure proper invoicing
- Reconcile orders against contract parameters ensuring proper license configurations and pricing
- Demonstrate how compliance is second nature as you address revenue recognition, entitlements and other compliance factors.
- Manage pipeline by tracking all customer activity, from prospect to deal closure, by maintaining a constantly updated sales forecast in SalesForce.com
- Triage customer inquiries cross functionally thru to resolution being sure to champion the needs of the customer
- Apply business curiosity to engage in conversations of discovery that yield successful renewals, up-sells, win-backs, cross sells and referrals
- Ensure scalable customer knowledge intimacy through complete account information in our CMS and knowledge transfer to key internal account stakeholders
- Partner with the sales, tech support, finance and product teams to contribute to continual customer satisfaction
- Build up our customer’s awareness and understanding of applicable product/solution attributes, elements, up-grades, add-ons, etc.
- Protect the contract revenue stream.
- Understand and leverage proper competitive positioning (for retention and overcoming competitive threats).
- Identify and transfer new business leads to account management teams
- 5+ years of relevant customer experience in a high-tech industry
- Highly motivated, results driven, with a customer first mentality and eager to learn
- Ability to create & assess sales opportunities in existing customer & prospective customer organizations.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate all product offerings to customers and prospects.
- Must be able to work on and complete multiple revenue & non-revenue projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and is a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
Experience, Accomplishments, Skills:
- Strong communication, consultative, and influence skills.
- Focused attention to detail allowing for delivery of high quality end user experiences. Proven team player and ability to orchestrate value in coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment to meet evolving business requirements
- Ability to articulate value messaging and influence adoption
- Passion to close all types of transactions
- Enthusiasm for successfully troubleshooting resulting in a stellar customer experience
- Ability to re-engage with long lost customers and turn them into Progress Proud Fans again
- Discovery and selling skills
- Customer advocacy
- Stealth attention to detail, following and improving processes
- Pride in your knowledge and application of our products, systems and tools both internally and externally
- Pivoting ability across many tasks daily
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!