We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. We are now on the lookout for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our team in Rotterdam.
In this role, you will provide evaluation assistance of a technical nature to individuals and partners interested in our Secure Managed File Transfer and Network Monitoring product lines. Your overall goal is to assist in achieving the sales budget, by helping the sales team in converting prospects into customers, by overcoming any technical challenges or sales objections. In addition, you will tend to any Professional Services opportunity that may arise.
Your area of Responsibility:
- Understand the prospects’ needs and develop technical sales strategies to fulfill those needs, leveraging product strengths
- Set up and maintain a complete product demonstration environment of the Secure Managed File Transfer and IT Monitoring Product lines to be used in sales presentations
- Serve as a technical consultant for Sales in all pre-sales environments, including phone, e-mail support, product demonstrations, off-site seminars, trade shows, and assist with proposal/presentation development
- Work closely with Technical Support, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Product Development as a prospect advocate to ensure market needs are communicated from a technical perspective
- Participate in periodic Product Management/Development meetings
- Work with, and travel to, distributors, resellers, VARs and Premier Partners to train respective sales staffs on sale and support of Network Management & File Transfer products
- Function as a customer advocate, communicating product feature requests and bug reporting to Technical Support, Product Management, and Product Development
- Continuously improve skills through self-study or participation in training sessions.
- Proactively reach out to prospects and provide technical assistance during their evaluation of our software
- Tend to any Professional Services (i.e., installation, mild configuration, and mild customization) requests from customers, as deemed adequate by your manager
- Travel as needed (20%)
- Fluency in English and either French or German is a must
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience is desired
- Solid experience in technical sales, sales engineering, and possession of strong troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience with network and IT/Enterprise security (SAML, LDAP, SSO, Firewall, Proxies, Secure File Transfer Protocols, etc.) is mandatory
- MCSA/MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, CCDA/CCDP certification highly desired
- Ability to demonstrate solutions with technical proficiency and solution selling skills
- Ability to work pro-actively with a sales-oriented personality. Must be customer-driven, thrive on tight deadlines and utilize innovation to navigate the sales process
- Must be highly motivated, have excellent organizational, and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like the right fit for your experience and career interests, we would be happy to talk to you! What we offer in return is:
- 24 days’ vacation (increased after years of service) + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium Collective Health Insurance Plan with a monthly employer contribution
- Premium Collective Pension Scheme fully funded by Progress
- Company-paid commuting/mileage reimbursement
- Fitness Program, allowing you to choose a gym and enjoy the discount and tax-advantage
- Fresh fruit daily and selection of good coffee & tea
- Canteen onsite
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!