Senior DevOps / Build Systems Engineer
- Implement and improve the whole life cycle of services, from inception and design, monitoring, and metrics to deployment (on-premise and cloud-based), operations, and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities like system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on release management activities, including developing automated deployment and testing tools
- Work as part of an agile team to proactively communicate status and complete deliverables on schedule
- Work on the standardization and documentation of common DevOps procedures
- Participate in the development of new features and bug fixes on Progresses custom build services
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems and guide ticket resolution for our key applications and platforms
- Assist your team and others in diagnosing and correcting build failures
- Teach, mentor, and learn from your team of world class engineers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders of the project including product management, UX, other teams as well as customers
- Strong experience developing software with Ruby or Python
- Experience with CI/CD software such as Buildkite or Jenkins
- Ability to proactively and independently troubleshoot build failures.
- Knowledgeable in bash
- Familiar with Linux system internals.
- Comfortable with cloud based platforms as well as tools such as Terraform and Docker.
- Experience in managing AWS or Azure environments.
- Have the equivalent of 5 years or more of experience in the systems engineering or software engineering fields.
- An independent self-starter with a willingness to learn new things through experimentation and research
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!