Senior Software Engineer I
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer I in our Products team.
This position will be an expert in .NET technologies to develop ADO.NET DB providers to meet the demand in Connecting various data sources through .NET stack. Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery, and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment. Also, The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building and support the existing driver set and new drivers.
As a member of the team you will be expected to:
- First and foremost, developing software our users need i.e. Drivers/Connectors/Adapters
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
To be successful in this role we need someone who has :
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Software Development
- Degree/Major: B Tech/M Tech/MCA/other CS degree or equivalent.
- Strong experience in building products with C#, .NET Core
- Experience with technologies such as ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Strong knowledge in Databases and writing queries
- Develop Unit tests with frameworks like XUnit
- Strong analytical, debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Work with version control tools like GitHub, Perforce
- Work with engineering tools like TeamCity, Collaborator, Sonarqube, Purify
- Work with security analysis tools such as Veracode, PREfast, AppScan
- Experience in Build technologies like Ant, Gradle, Make
- Work on various operating systems including Windows, Linux, Unix & Mac
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, and API design
- Experience in Java/JDBC will have an added advantage
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!