Sales Engineer - Network Monitoring
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Pre-Sales Support Engineer in Sofia. This role would be working directly with our What’s Up Gold product line.
About the Team:
The team is part of our worldwide field sales organization supporting team members in the UK, Nordics, Southern Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The focus is on Progress’ Network monitoring product, What’s Up Gold, assisting our partners and end-users with the understanding, configuration and troubleshooting of our products. We are a close-knit, passionate team who likes to work hard and have fun while doing it!
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide technical support to our customers and partners and will handle technical issues of the highest complexity without supervision. You need to be very knowledgeable about internal procedures, processes, and tools. As you will be the go-to person for field sales colleagues, you need to be an excellent team player and communicator with great diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
What you will do:
- Provide technical assistance to evaluators, customers, resellers and Progress employees via telephone, Screen sharing tools, face to face or any other available communication option.
- Assist with the configuration, use, and maintenance of our software products
- Follow the internal processes and procedures of the role
- Help diagnose and explain external hardware and software issues that affect the use and/or configuration of our software (e.g., environmental or network)
- Provide customers with information about Progress products and resources
- Support new company products with the appropriate level of on the job training
- Interact professionally and courteously with all customers and peers. Easily approachable react calmly under stressful situations; receive constructive criticism well. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers
- Provide Development with clear and complete information, when carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary. Help document product defects and feature requests clearly in the appropriate systems.
- Demonstrate and apply a good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing content - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, etc.)
- Review product documentation and identifiy topics needing improvement and is able to contribute
- Responsible for professional self-development by attending formal and informal training (webinars, white papers) offered within the office and externally based on your development plan agreed with your manager. Option to enroll in Progress-sponsored security training resulting in certification through organizations such as CompTIA, SANS and (ISC)2
- Participate in forums, respond to technical questions, sharing product knowledge with colleagues
- Travel occasionally
Knowledge & Experience
- Solid professional experience in a technical support software product call center environment troubleshooting Windows software applications and networking issues
- Strong customer service skills, including demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with customer’s technical issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective listening skills.
- CERF C2 Level English mandatory and bilingual given extra consideration (Italian preferred).
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues.
- Windows administration and configuration knowledge.
- Experience with web technologies (i.e. IIS, AS2, EDI, PGP, PKI, S/MIME, Apache)
- Knowledge of internet protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, SSL, POP3, SSH, WMI, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, and IPSec)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in:
- Firewalls, switches, routers and wireless
- Windows Active Directory
- VMWare and/or other virtualization products a plus
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as Telnet, Ping, TraceRT, NSLookup
- SQL (MySQL, SQL, Oracle) knowledge and database administration (configuration, queries, Management Studio) preferred
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions such as HP OpenView, BMC Remedy, Splunk or SolarWinds.
- Manage time across multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and maintain attention to details.
- Excellent follow-up skills
Additional consideration provided for individuals with the following experience:
- Managed file transfer, Network Management or E-mail and Messaging technologies
- Linux/Unix system administration and configuration
So if you can bring relevant experience and show up with energy, enthusiasm and an appetite to learn we want to hear from you.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
Аnd even more perks
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!