Information Developer, Senior
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Senior Information Developer for our OpenEdge group in Hyderabad, India office.
JOB SUMMARY :
The OpenEdge Content team’s mission is to deliver a persona-based, self-serviced, crowd-sourced, measurable experience through compelling content to rapidly enable our customers, partners and employees to be successful with our products and technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Apply creativity to solve complex problems and offer a new perspective on existing solutions
- Ideate, design, create and implement content that is engaging and just-in-time consumable for Progress users, Partners, and employees
- Produce a variety of medium, including but not limited to documentation, videos, webinars, structured walk-throughs, tutorials, User Guides, instructor led-training, online training, self-service resources, whitepapers, assessment exams, certifications
- Move between projects in a fast-paced Agile environment, simultaneously managing multiple projects, to meet deliverable deadlines
- Interview subject matter experts and analyze product requirements and user stories to write technical end-user content related to installing/upgrading software, configuring and using software, using reporting tools, planning and executing data loads and migrations, and integrating applications with each other and with third-party applications or external systems
- Test software, make recommendations, report technical problems or inconsistencies, and validate end-user content for consistency with product functionality
- Follow and contribute to company content development standards and library of terms; develop content with approved templates, guidelines, and best practices; suggest process efficiencies and improvements; participate in peer reviews.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- A technical degree (BTech or equivalent experience
- Technical content writing experience
- Capacity to quickly adopt process and tooling to produce content in a variety of formats
- Ability to work well both independently and within a strong, collaborative, Agile team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance; Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Samples of published content for review (documentation, courseware, tutorials, etc.) are required
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!