We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a DevOps Engineer in our Core Products Cloud Operations division.
At Progress, the DevOps Engineering MOVEit Cloud team is responsible for the deployment, management, security, and troubleshooting of complex cloud-based SaaS and dedicated services offerings for or a wide array of customers. Reporting to the DevOps Engineering Manager, the DevOps Engineer is part of a team comprised of self-driven, passionate IT professionals who have extensive experience in enterprise managed file transfer and cloud infrastructures. Our seasoned experts operate with complete integrity and are relentless in providing a great customer experience with our SaaS offering. You will be an integral part of our 24x7x365 emergency support model providing support for our services on a global scale.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Protect the systems from data breaches at all times – this is the highest priority responsibility.
- Remain compliant with PCI-DSS, HIPAA and SOC2 written polices, standards and procedures.
- Build and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in Azure/AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services. Use native Azure/AWS infrastructure services such as Azure SQL, Blob, EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Basic system administration tasks such as configuring servers and applications, automating routine tasks, backup/restore, etc.
- Serve on the after-hours emergency only on-call team and participate in our once a month Sunday maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Work collaboratively with all participants in agile software development project and support developers and testers.
- Provision new customer accounts, including complex orders, working with Progress Sales/Professional Services.
- Provide feedback to Progress R&D efforts to re-architect, expand and improve SaaS offerings.
- Automate everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem
- Script with deployment automation tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Implement automated high-availability deployments
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Experience as a DevOps/Sys Engineer (or similar position)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows, Linux, Automation Tools (Teraform, Ansible or Puppet), Azure/AWS Services (Blob, Network, ALB/ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Shell, Python, PowerShell or other).
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Hands-on experience in working with security systems including firewalls, intrusion protection/detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and content filtering etc.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as (cloud) Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (DDOS, SQL injections, person-in-the-middle, etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security, etc.
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS.
- A track record of delivering application automation using these automation tools.
- A willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur, and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
- Experience with cloud hosted apps/service (Azure/AWS experience preferred) and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the Cloud
- Proven ability to adhere to policies, standards and procedures related to change control and other operational best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with PCI/HIPAA/SOC2 compliance.
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!