Senior Manager, Business Development Team
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Manager, Business Development for our Core A growth product group (MOVEIt, WhatsUpGold and Sitefinity). This role will start remote but then in October will become a hybrid mix of remote and time in our Burlington MA office. Candidates must be local to Burlington office as a result of hybrid model.
The Manager of Business Development is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, managing, and optimizing the Business Development team. The BDR Manager will be directly responsible for driving high quality lead generation and talent development within the BDR team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of North America Sales, the role will be responsible for the following:
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Hire, onboard, manage, and develop team of business development representatives with a focus on net new accounts and existing named accounts.
- Provide day-to-day management of the BDR team including: strategic discovery into target accounts, activity levels based on best practices, SLAs & process adherence.
- Serve as an active coach to BDRs to prime them for a quota-carrying role
- Identity and analyze trends in order to continuously improve the process and tactics utilized by the BDR team.
- Develop data driven individual and team KPIs that support broader business growth objectives.
- Report on team performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis and make proactive recommendations for team structure, objective settings, and sales strategies.
- Coach and develop each BDR based on individual objectives and company needs.
- Create and implement new BDR-centric programs and campaigns in partnership with the sales and marketing teams, and in partnership with marketing operations.
- Exhibit a high degree of motivation, energy, and creativity working in a fast-paced organization with management experience, preferably in sales or marketing
- Understanding of sales process and best practices - preferably within a direct, B2B inbound/outbound sales environment
- Experience with sales management and lead gen software tools (examples include: SFDC, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Consistent track record of quota overachievement as a manager
- Results oriented, metrics driven track record
- Strong organizational and team management skills
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!