We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Accountant in our EMEA and APJ Accounting and Payroll team in Rotterdam.
As part of our Financial Shared Service Center, the Accountant II will play an integral role in our international operations and supporting our internal and external customers. This role is responsible for tasks related to the full accounting cycle for the APJ region, including monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures, supporting statutory filings, and local tax compliance.
What you'll be doing most of the time:
- Lead the month-end accounting and reporting requirements for your portfolio of countries;
- Prepare the monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and expense review analysis for your entities;
- Ensure that local accounting practices comply with government regulations and global processes and controls;
- Support payroll administration and cash management in coordination with the Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable departments;
- Compile year-end working papers for auditors and provide support of audit review process;
- Support the Accounting and Finance teams in the United States for the quarterly and annual Company audits;
- Drive the statutory financial statement process for your portfolio of countries, including preparation of the financial statements and liaising with the Legal department and local audit teams;
- Prepare and submit Government and Regulatory Filings, including Tax and VAT.
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent certification;
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience in an accounting or audit role;
- Experience with financial statement preparation and tax compliance;
- Familiarity with US GAAP and the Sarbanes Oxley Act;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Experience with ERP systems. Bonus points for previous experience with Oracle;
- Big Four Audit experience is a big advantage.
- You have a good command of English and can communicate effectively, respectfully, and tactfully. We would consider the fact that you can speak other European languages a big plus;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive.
If this sounds like the right fit for your experience and career interests, we would be happy to talk to you! What we offer in return is:
- 24 days’ vacation (increased after years of service) + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium Collective Health Insurance Plan with a monthly employer contribution
- Premium Collective Pension Scheme fully funded by Progress
- Company-paid commuting/mileage reimbursement
- Fitness Program, allowing you to choose a gym and enjoy the discount and tax-advantage
- Fresh fruit daily and selection of good coffee & tea
- Canteen onsite
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!