Senior UI Artist
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Senior UI Artist. You will join a team focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early phases of game development.
Our studio is looking for a versatile and experienced Senior UI Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe. At ProbablyMonsters, we appreciate the value of partnering with other disciplines to create something special, and you will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to create and implement visual effects for this highly stylized new IP in the early stages of development.
As a qualified candidate for this role, you first and foremost consider yourself a game developer. You are a skilled and approachable communicator and an artist who stays current with the techniques of your craft and you strive for excellence and growth. You should also be committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment. At ProbablyMonsters, we are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $110,866 – $160,800. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an independent, organized and self-aware artist who is excited to breathe life into the UI of a new IP.
- Your work demonstrates your ability to create high quality UI art and a strong understanding of graphic design principles and how they apply to information architecture.
- You have a deep understanding of UI systems and workflows, and the ways that UI impacts a project.
- You are effective at presenting your positions and ideas to positively influence the project.
- You are proactive about evangelizing for your team to improve tools and workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Bring clarity and delight to gameplay by visually designing and implementing menus, overlays, buttons, fields, iconography and interaction states.
- Collaborate with Art and Design to create intuitive, responsive UI art and animation that articulates gameplay and visually elevates the player experience.
- Collaborate to establish workflows and best practices for the UI art discipline.
- Participate in our teamwide playtests to evaluate how your assets are playing and to give and receive notes on the experience.
- A portfolio that displays a strong understanding of UI art, typography and graphic/motion design.
- An advanced proficiency in UI/UX workflows & DCC programs (such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Shipped at least 1 game as a UI Artist.
- At least 5 years of experience as a UI Artist.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.