Senior Technical Artist, Advanced
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and team focused Senior Technical Artist, Advanced. You will join a team in the early stages of developing a new franchise. Our team will be focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early pre-production phase.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist, Advanced who stays current with the techniques of your craft and you strive for excellence and growth. We are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $136,866 to $222,000. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an independent, motivated, and self-aware technical artist who takes pride in empowering others to create world-class entertainment.
- You have the ability to translate between technical and artistic language.
- You have a strong understanding of gameplay animation systems and workflows, and the ways that animation pipelines can impact a project.
- Able to quickly translate concepts into functional prototypes, with a strong understanding of what can be sustained in production.
- You are proactive about evangelizing for your team to improve tools and workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and create both temporary and long-term pipeline solutions.
- Be a conduit between Artists, Designers and Engineers to help realize sustainable content creation methods at scale and quality.
- Strategize new pipelines and techniques in Unreal (or related software) to increase iteration speed and/or push the technical bar.
- Communicate the technical requirements and vision for artistic workflows and pipelines.
- Support the team with desk side communication to help push the boundaries of our Art Tech.
- An advanced proficiency in modern DCC programs (such as Blender, Maya, etc.)
- Experience building rigs and animations, at a prototype level, in Maya or Blender.
- Advanced proficiency in Blueprint, UnrealScript, or related scripting engine.
- Shipped at least 1 game as a Technical Artist.
- At least 8+ years of experience in a Technical Artist role.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including sign-on bonus, annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.