Senior Advanced Gameplay Engineer
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Senior Advanced Gameplay Engineer. You will join a team concentrated on building new game concepts and worlds centered around a focused player experience. As part of the Incubation team, you’ll have the freedom to create, experiment, and try new game ideas while forming new franchises and development teams. Everyone on the Incubation team is enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class games.
We are seeking a Senior Advanced Gameplay Engineer who is experienced in designing and delivering foundational gameplay systems. You will work closely with designers creating novel solutions to challenging problems with an unwavering drive to create experiences that will delight players.
The salary range for this position is $169,000 - $262,000. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A gameplay engineer with expertise in all phases of game development.
- A proven cross-discipline collaborator who empowers colleagues.
- Able to wield your strong design sense to enhance player experience.
- Enthusiastic about working with a small team in a low-ownership codebase.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with other disciplines to develop foundational gameplay systems.
- Present, discuss, and review systems designs.
- Debug functional and performance issues on multiple platforms.
- Advocate, evangelize, and exemplify best practices.
- Maintain the open, purposeful, and frequent communication required on a remote team.
- Proven expertise developing gameplay systems in a AAA game engine.
- Adept interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Strong understating of 3D math: vector math, linear algebra
- Fluent ability to write quality C++ code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 12+ years of experience in game programming, in at least one shipped or live AAA title.
- Experience working within Unreal 4 / Unreal 5.
- Experience developing systems to support the 3-Cs: Camera, Controls, and Characters
- Understanding of melee combat systems
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.