Human Resources Assistant
If you enjoy details and are looking for a launch pad into your HR career, we have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resource Assistant in our Maple Grove office. This opportunity is for an individual who loves being productive and detail-oriented while serving others. As an HR Assistant you will be serving the employees of ProAg who in turn serve our customers. At ProAg, we believe our people are our most important asset and what sets us apart in the crop insurance industry. You’ll be a critical part of helping our HR department to impact and shape our company’s culture and strategic growth plan.
This position is a great fit for someone who enjoys working with data, people and processes while serving our employees. We are a collaborative environment and need your skill and ability to improve the employee experience.
Your work directly impacts the future of the organization and makes an impact on the employees you engage with and support, whether within HR or throughout the company. Our goal is to help our customers to “Grow with Confidence”, so we invite you to come grow your career with us.
What You Can Expect
Human Resources (HR) Assistant performs various activities including payroll, benefits, data entry, and answering routine questions on HR policies, processes and procedures.
What You’ll Be doing
The ideal individual is someone who is detail-oriented, organized and able to manage multiple tasks at once, as well as able to look for ways to continuously improve workflows through the use of technology and other efficiency-driven approaches.
The position is hybrid office-based and an individual contributor role with the following responsibilities:
- Assist management and staff by performing administrative duties in various areas of HR.
- Administer and coordinate human resource functions with Corporate Human Resources, including payroll, benefits, and employee leave tracking.
- Answer primarily routine questions regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate attendance and paid time off (PTO) tracking process for assigned area including the review of electronic timesheets for accuracy, and follow-up with employees and management.
- May assist with preparing ad hoc reports within HRIS or working on special projects or events such as audits, training events, or employee appreciation activities.
- Participate in various HR related projects in areas such as: Payroll, HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Project Management.
What We Look For
- Up to 2 years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, Communications, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an immaculate attention to detail.
- Skilled at using various technology systems and platforms and software such as Microsoft Office.
- A collaborative work style and ability to work effectively across departments.
- A results-oriented focus with the ability to effectively manage deadlines.
Who We Are
ProAg is an industry-leading crop insurance provider serving the American farmer through a network of independent agents. A member of the Tokio Marine HCC group, ProAg delivers crop insurance that provides a level of security to farmers and ranchers, who operate at the mercy of weather and markets. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. We’re good at what we do because ProAg has the smartest, most experienced and most innovative people in our industry.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.