Business Technical Writer
Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us
To support our growing business model, ProAg is seeking a Business Technical Writer with strong crop insurance knowledge and experience to compose clear and coherent technical information, write instruction manuals for users and possess a strong understanding of ProAg’s products and applications to ensure users have a clear understanding of the changes to various applications.
ProAg is an industry-leading crop insurance provider serving the American farmer through a network of independent agents. A member of the Tokio Marine HCC group, ProAg delivers crop insurance that provides a level of security to farmers and ranchers, who operate at the mercy of weather and markets. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. We’re good at what we do because ProAg has the smartest, most experienced and most innovative people in our industry.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and is responsible for understanding and interpreting all Risk Management Agency (RMA) and National Crop Insurance Service (NCIS) communications. This includes identifying application changes, business changes and policy language changes which will affect business processes and customer workflows.
- Maintains technical competence related to underwriting, claims, and other agricultural program activities that support crop insurance programs and policies.
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Create, organize, write and edit technical information and prepare clear, easy-to-use, structured release notes.
- Document enhancements and bug fixes in release notes using various resources, including analysis of functional specifications, business feedback, and application testing.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Remains up to date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to the crop insurance industry
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for the Business Technical Writer will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility:
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have at least 5 years progressive experience, preferably in crop insurance and 2 years of experience of technical, functional and user-facing writing background.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Information Technology a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Proven ability to explain written concepts clearly
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work.
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
ProAg Core Values:
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations
- Resourcefulness. Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness
- Instills Trust. Makes intentions clear and meets shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team