Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual)-
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Mental Health Therapist with a passion for working with Youth.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What You’ll do:
You will work at The Selma R. Carson Home is a 20-bed facility that serves undocumented and unaccompanied boys between the ages of 12 and 17 who are in the United States, and are going through immigration proceedings. Our Mental Health Therapist will support our youth through individual and group counseling, maintaining and measuring participation and progress, including completing psychiatric referrals, monthly case reviews, biopsychosocial, and behavior plans.
What You’ll bring:
- Master’s Degree with major study in social work or closely associated field.
- 2 years of experience working with Youth.
- Effective English and Spanish bilingual oral and written communication skills.
Preferably you will bring:
- Three to five years of experience working with youth, preferably in a residential setting.
- Washington State Mental Health Counselor license, Marriage and Family Therapist license or Social Worker license.
- Knowledge of Mexican and Central American cultures and specialization in trauma-informed care preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a drug-free company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.