Business Systems Analyst
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our IT team!
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Business Systems Analyst [BSA] is responsible for information technology business systems analysis for corporate information technology projects. This position is first level technical support for all business systems, and supports the IT application system issues and service requests as application specialists. The position acts as liaison between business user groups and technical systems groups. Creates and updates process and procedure documentation, as well as training program documentation for Application Systems.
Performs and coordinates the analysis and design of system solutions, and maintains a thorough understanding of the needs from the business and technical perspectives. Captures business and technical requirements, develops business specifications for new and enhanced systems and process workflows, facilitates evaluating and selecting solutions, develops and deploys testing, training and documentation strategies. Duties include:
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and creating comprehensive work products documenting requirements and/or user stories with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts, including validation and traceability, for existing and new applications.
- This position understands how organizations function to accomplish their purpose, and defines capabilities/needs that an organization requires providing a service or meeting their goals.
- Plans, directs and completes the analysis of business problems or product/services to be developed for delivery.
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing system solutions and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business or a related field required (or an additional four years of recent and relevant work experience may be considered).
- At least six years of progressive experience within an IT environment that includes:
- Performing data, and/or business systems analysis with business process owners and information technology workgroups in IT projects ranging in a broad range of size and complexity.
- Experience in structured testing methods and processes. Translating functional requirements into test plans and test cases as well as leading and/or executing testing activities.
- Demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
- Proficiency with business process modeling, BSA tools/techniques, testing processes/techniques, MS Office Suite including Excel pivot tables, data analysis with Access and Visio.
- Knowledge of agile and/or waterfall software development life cycles. Experience working with an IT Project Manager.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.