Estimating Manager (Manufacturing) - 10k Sign-on Bonus!
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for an Estimating Manager to join our team at Pioneer Industries!
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly served our clients with professionalism and empathy.
Pioneer Industries has over 110,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Capabilities include comprehensive sheet metal fabrication, machining, finishing, water jet and assembly services for a wide range of current products in the aerospace and commercial industries.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Manage and coordinate the activities of the Commercial Estimators, Aerospace Estimators, and Manufacturing Production Method Planners. Ensure profitability of new work accepted, proper risk management through product realization processes, optimal production quantities, and financial data integrity through the distribution and manufacturing modules in ERP. Establish plans, processes and controls to maximize the company’s return on assets; manage product realization risk; implement pricing policy; manage the performance of the estimating and manufacturing method planning group. Balance our mission in helping people while implementing effective business/personal growth practices. Additional duties include:
- Assign and direct the work of personnel engaged in creating production plans in ERP system in terms of products, components, material requirements, dimensions, specifications, routing, part and assembly drawings, tooling, identification codes, amounts, etc.
- Solve complex engineering issues involving, customer, production and programming.
- Responsible for all customer specification and quality clause flow down.
- Coordinate with Sales, Procurement, Production, Quality and Programming, all necessary activities necessary to produce customer’s products.
- Embrace and implement lean concepts throughout departments.
- Work with all groups to continually improve production plans and the department’s service and products.
- Provide oversight and leadership for new product on boarding.
- Audit production data to measure against estimates and production plans.
- Create mitigation plans for changing production levels as well as engineering updates.
- Administer disciplinary measures and maintain conformance to company work rules governing employment. Appraise employee performance and initiate action for promotion, transfer, termination or salary adjustments as appropriate.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
(Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience)
- High School or GED equivalent.
- 10+ years related experience in a metal fabrication environment, including experience in estimating and planning.
- Extensive understand of ERP with ability to translate knowledge into a learnable format.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience as a commercial and aerospace estimator.
- Completing of engineering classes or knowledge of part production.
- 5+ years leadership experience in managing a team.
PREFERABLY YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in job cost analysis.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.