LIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER IN TRAINING
LIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER in TRAINING
Permanent location is open and will be determined upon completion of the program. See below!
Requirements for the position
- 4 year degree in applicable field or qualifying field experience in live production
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power point
- Basic accounting skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to travel at least 75% of the time while in the program
- Willingness to accept open live positions regardless of location unless other arrangements are specified at the time of program entry.
- Ability to take on difficult task and learn from them
- Ability to work with the Live Production and Tech Services Team on a daily basis
Primary Job Responsibilities and KPI’s:
- Complete 4 week rotation in breeder tech services
- Complete 4 week rotation in broiler tech services
- Complete 4 week rotation in feed mill tech services
- Complete 4 week rotation in hatchery tech services
- Successfully complete a summer and winter ventilation school
- Work with individual complexes to improve pullet and breeder results.
- Work with individual complexes to improve broiler results
- Work with individual complexes to improve hatchery and feed mill results
- Work with the tech team to organize live technical meetings
****Will train within all bird groups preparing for a position as live manager in the same bird group. The trainee will be required to travel to complexes within their bird group and will be responsible for learning the day to day activities of broiler managers, breeder managers, live managers, hatchery managers as well as gain knowledge in areas of veterinary medicine, broiler nutrition, breeder nutrition, broiler tech services, breeder tech services, and hatchery services. A minimum of 4 weeks will be required in these areas. At some points, the trainees will be working with multiple complexes at once.