CONSUMER & BRAND INSIGHTS MANAGER
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: The goal of this role is to become an integral and trusted advisor providing insights to our Innovation, Brand, and Category teams, by generating effective market opportunities for our company. This role will be responsible for helping to identify and maximize market opportunities by understanding consumer behaviors, needs and decision processes. Also identifying market trends and other forces shaping how products are purchased and consumed, connecting them to our industry, categories, and branded environment. This role is critical to evolve our understanding of the different consumer segments, their consumption journeys, path to purchase, when engaging with our core products. This role will be critical to define our branded portfolio, category approach, our product development, market positioning and go-to-market. It will be critical to strengthen our position relative to our competitors and key customers, while impacting multiple levels of our go-to-market strategies and our marketing efforts. The role will be responsible for further developing our consumer insights program, organizing, and enhancing our processes, tools, and routines to provide regular and proactive insights through collaborating with different stakeholders and partners to develop the research and opportunities identified.
- A successful candidate must be a cultural fit and appreciate our company values.
- He/she must take the initiative, be disciplined, independent and motivated to create market opportunities.
- Must build meaningful relationships with the Innovation, Brand, Category and Commerce leaders, become a trusted advisor, be embedded in their decision-making processes, effectively manage expectations, and align on most impactful market opportunities.
- He/She must be able to carry out our vision effectively, becoming a leader while championing and enhancing our organizational initiatives by positively influencing change management.
- Have clear communication and willingness to present insights to customers and executive teams.
- The person should be able to easily understand the business dynamics, connect with the company objectives and the big picture, while being able to effectively support strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Needs a strong analytical background, translate market information to insights to be used in fact-based decisions in a fact-based environment and translate data into strategy that will lead to profitable decisions.
- Must be able to build a strong network to keep track of the market movements; and have a strong sense of urgency to comprehensively update our market view.
- He/she must have a growth and research mindset, test and verify our knowledge of the market factors / fundamentals, create, and develop new tools and have the strong drive to constantly improve.
- He/she must be organized to manage projects along with routines and requests.
- Stakeholder management:
o Work closely with Leaders and other stakeholders to proactively diagnose their main opportunities, identify strategic initiatives and set priorities.
o Create a pipeline of opportunities for the stakeholders in line with their KPI’s and company goals.
o Produce regular weekly and monthly insights reports and analysis.
o Maintain current and emerging developments/trends for your market scope, assess the impact, and collaborate with stakeholders to incorporate them into our plans.
o Conduct consumer research through surveys, focus groups, and both qualitative and quantitative methods to gain deep insights into consumer preferences, behaviors, and trends.
o Analyze consumer data and develop consumer personas and segments to inform product development and marketing strategies.
o Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and emerging consumer needs to identify growth opportunities.
o Deliver gap analysis relative to our competitors and demand, and work with marketing and innovation teams to identify new channel and customer opportunities.
o Provide consumer, channel, and competitive insights to build new product research, insights, and platform recommendations in both the retail and foodservice spaces.
o Collaborate with the marketing team to refine brand positioning, strategies, ensuring alignment with consumer insights.
o Track brand performance metrics and adjust strategies as needed.
o Partner with marketing stakeholders to understand market & competitive strengths / weaknesses / opportunities / threats; and Joint business planning support actionable assessment as well as the identification, creation & execution of activities based on this assessment.
o Provides intelligence and consultative guidance for brand strategy, product positioning, Marketing mix effectiveness, and new product development for our marketing teams.
o Develop and execute brand research to assess the effectiveness of our brand identity, positioning, and messaging.
o Present insights to customers when needed.
- Market Intelligence Process:
o Develop and manage our market information database, manage multiple data sources, build our dashboards, platforms and automate processes. Providing continuous support to enhance Market Intelligence program.
o Prepare primary and secondary market research with internal/external key partners.
o Develop our communication devices (reports, forums, webinars, meetings, etc.) and routines to appropriately share actionable intelligence with audiences in a timely manner.
o Propose proactive routines and rituals to help develop market opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
o Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Marketing, Economics, Business, Statistics, or related field.
o 6+ years of work experience in consumer and marketing Insights or similar insights roles.
o Has worked in a corporate environment, working in a cross functional environment, with proven insights experience to sales teams.
o Experience with analytics and insights.
o Experience with project management and process improvements.
o Mostly domestic, up to 30% depending on the time of the year.
o Excellent communication, networking, collaboration, and relationship building.
o Experience with primary and secondary research tools.
o Hands on experience with primary research techniques and design process.
o Strong analytical, consultative, and problem-solving skills.
o Organized and strong planner.
o Research mindset, with a great ability to communicate and present insights to a non-technical audience.
o Knowledge of Marketing tools and methodologies.
o Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
o Experience with pulling data from various data sources (IRI, Nielsen, Syndicated, USDA, etc.).
o Good understanding of how to properly display data.
o Understanding of reporting tools and concepts.
o Data management, working knowledge of VBA, and statistical analysis and tools.
o Background working in CPG or agriculture industry.
o Marketing mix model.
o Digital marketing and analytics experience.
o New product development experience.
- Can perform the functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $101,000 - $137,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity