Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
The Purchasing Manager manages the ongoing execution of supply with vendors to enable production exactly when raw materials are needed, in the exact quantities required, and identifying optimal suppliers for new products. The position will also stablish and maintain relationships with suppliers and freight forwarders to ensure proper assessment of pricing, sourcing, inventory levels, international logistics, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Manage ERP purchasing and validate and review messages with production planning and demand planning to meet customer needs.
- Lead the development, planning, and implementation of sourcing strategy for all goods and materials that delivers the best value, price, customer service, and efficiencies.
- Design and execute strategies and plans to meet short-term and long-term supply chain management/production control requirements.
- Align the purchasing strategy and plans with the overall goals of the company to rationalize supply base and achieve cost goals to ensure maximum opportunity is achieved for all purchases.
- Maintain and audit accuracy of data in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in a timely manner (e.g., standard costs of raw material items, input and issuance from inventory, material usage, reallocation of raw materials, etc.).
- Ensure that material received is updated in the ERP system in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Provide effective leadership and coaching to direct reports, delegating responsibilities, managing performance, and providing ongoing training and support.
- Manages the outsourced purchasing partners (expectations, performance, problem resolution, etc.).
- Communicate and coordinate incoming and outgoing orders with relevant departments, customers and vendor approvals as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Mathematical Skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in inventory, purchasing, or procurement management; bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification required.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control and logistics.
- Advanced working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs; Netsuite (ERP) or SQL experience a plus.
- Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans.
- Excellent organization, communication (written and oral), time management, and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking skills; collaborative and results driven.
At Optimas we believe in having a competitive compensation scheme to motivate and retain our employees. More information will be given throughout the process.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.