SOX Compliance Manager
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
ON24 is looking for a driven SOX Compliance Manager to be part of the team that oversees internal control over financial reporting (“ICFR”) for the Company. Coordinate SOX-related activities between the Company, our outside SOX consultants, and the external auditors. This is a high-visibility opportunity where you can make measurable improvements throughout a dynamic company. This position reports to the Senior Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
As a successful candidate, you must have strong SOX program management skills and experience to handle the intricacies and dependencies of a dynamic Year-1 SOX program. You must be comfortable with managing an ever-evolving workload, collaborating and aligning regularly with internal and external stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. You have the ability to understand complex business processes and system workflows, identify associated risks, and help guide business owners in defining best practices and effective value-added risk mitigation plans. You are a team player with a firm understanding of team dynamics. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with process owners and third party consulting firm to develop and implement company-wide SOX program including scoping review, process documentation, and identification and evaluation of the effectiveness of key internal controls.
- Work with process owners and third party consulting firm to drive remediation efforts for any identified deficiencies.
- Work with process owners on the ongoing design and testing of internal controls.
- Assist in training process owners with SOX compliance program activities.
- Manage the SOX documentation.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices to ensure best practices are always considered.
What you will have:
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- Professional certification such as CPA and/or CIA.
- 7+ years of SOX compliance work in a big 4 firm, large global public company, or a combination of both.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards, and business process best practices.
- Experience managing project work with tight deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build effective partnerships across the organization.
- Collaborative and can be flexible in his/her approach.
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.