Senior Privacy & Commercial Counsel, EMEA
ON24 is a publicly-traded (NYSE: ONTF), multinational SaaS martech company based in San Francisco, California, with a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and APAC.
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale.
We are looking to add a talented and energetic Senior Privacy & Commercial Counsel to our expanding Legal team. The successful candidate will have significant prior experience providing company-wide guidance on privacy and data protection issues and be skilled at drafting and negotiating customer agreements and generally supporting the Sales and Marketing teams for a SaaS or similar company. The ideal candidate will bring a business-orientated, pragmatic mindset to solving problems and delivering legal advice. This position will be based out of ON24’s London, England office (working remotely for now).
- Serving as a subject matter expert on privacy and data protection matters for both EMEA and other regions; evaluating the impact of legislative, regulatory, and legal developments and industry proposals involving privacy and security across ON24’s products and services; lead attorney advising on privacy, data protection, and security matters
- Responsible for creation, review, and management of client and vendor privacy agreements, including data protection agreements (DPAs)
- Product counseling to ensure ongoing compliance with global privacy laws and regulations and other legal requirements
- Leading Privacy by Design efforts to create compliance efficiencies with ON24’s products and services
- Overseeing ON24’s process regarding data subject rights requests made under the CCPA and the GDPR
- Overseeing compliance with global email marketing laws and web cookie laws
- Serving as the lead commercial attorney in the EMEA region with additional support for other regions
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements with a significant focus on SaaS sales agreements
- Working independently to resolve issues and complete projects without significant oversight
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and internal legal and compliance processes
- Monitoring regulatory developments relevant to SaaS and software industries
- Other duties as necessary to support ON24’s growth
- Holds a degree in Law and is qualified to practice law in the UK
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant legal experience in law firms, in-house legal departments or both (B2B SaaS experience a plus)
- Expertise in global privacy and data protection laws including GDPR, ePrivacy, and CCPA and CPRA, especially including those most relevant to martech and B2B SaaS companies
- Experience leading a data privacy program, including data governance standards and internal policies
- Extensive commercial experience, including handling issues related to enterprise software licensing, SaaS agreements and/or privacy and data protection
- Strong understanding of commercial legal concepts and astute drafting and contract negotiation skills, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, deadlines, and changing priorities in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Outstanding professional judgment and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to tailor communication as appropriate to different audiences (e.g., internal stakeholders, clients, vendors, partners) and contexts and convey complex legal issues clearly and concisely
- Proficiency using CRM software such as Salesforce
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.