Mid-Level Project Manager
Mid-Level Project Managers are responsible for consulting on, or managing, projects involving software development, systems engineering, and/or IT strategic planning.
The Project Manager handles a variety of roles ranging from coordinating and/or managing projects to becoming a trusted advisor to our clients. The role may involve the coordination of pre-sales support consisting of project definition, scoping/sizing, technical alternatives, plus the presentation and/or proposal of results. The primary role is post-sales delivery of projects – ensuring on time and on budget performance, potentially in an individual and/or combined team environment.
In addition, the role requires the individual to serve as a liaison between the client, project members and Oakwood Systems Group management, providing status, managing expectations, addressing issues/concerns, building team effectiveness, and managing timelines, deliverables and costs. We also seek Project Managers who can serve in a business analysis role when needed.
- Manage IT consulting projects as assigned, using Oakwood's Methodologies (PMI based)
- Responsible for effectively managing/coordinating each phase of the systems development lifecycle (requirements, design, build, test, and deployment on full cycle implementation or development projects
- Track and communicate project status with the client, delivery assurance, management and team members.
- Effectively facilitate project meetings
- Perform requirements gathering using techniques including Use Case analysis, group or individual interviews.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates would bring a development or administration/engineering background along with one to three years of project coordination/leadership/management experience, having been involved in full life cycle projects.
- At least two years of project and/or team leadership/management experience with IT projects with specific emphasis on Microsoft technologies.
- Experience working with iterative development (Agile, RUP, etc)
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- Ability to successfully lead the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated ability to be productive independently and/or as a team member.
- Professional image and demeanor with the ability to present oneself in a consultative, confident manner.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications (MS Project Professional, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and others; (nice to have: MS Project Server, OneNote, Visio, SharePoint Administration, and others)
- PMP or other formal Project Management certification is not required but would be part of the career management plan.
Standard of Performance:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the client and other members of the team.
- Possess a professional, dependable attitude that is oriented towards finding and keeping customers, with a cooperative and positive spirit in working with another team members.
- A high level of customer satisfaction which exceeds standard levels of performance.
- Complete project work within the estimated time frame while accurately fitting the client’s expressed needs and goals.
- Strides to continually increases business and technical knowledge base.
- Promotes Oakwood in every aspect of consulting, sales engagements and community endeavors.
- Participate in team and service line meetings.