The Oakwood team has won numerous awards throughout its history, including Microsoft’s coveted "Partner of the Year Award". As a Top 50 National Microsoft Gold partner, Oakwood hires the best and the brightest - then provides an environment in which they can thrive. We are proud of our 39-year legacy of enabling companies undergoing change and transformation across a multitude of industries.
Being a team member of Oakwood means being “in-the-know” on Microsoft’s latest technologies. We meet and work with Microsoft service and product teams as we help bring value to our clients. Oakwood continues to assemble a unique spectrum of talented, award-winning problem solvers. Next on our list – a SharePoint Administrator!
At Oakwood, a SharePoint Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for customers and interacts directly with customers to troubleshoot and document defects or enhancements. The incumbent answers a wide variety of technical and best practices questions related to the client’s business intelligence and data integration products. Oakwood relies on support team members to strive to be the best technical support team among the Managed Services community.
An Oakwood SharePoint Administrator….
- Monitors and manages client’s SharePoint environment under the direction of the SharePoint Team Leader
- Responds to alerts from the Management Operations Center (MOC); ensures first level problem resolution complies to precise/written operations procedures; escalates issues as needed
- Functions as remote eyes and hands; schedules Level 2 task
- Manages trouble ticket process; authenticates customer, opens, updates, owns and closes tickets
- Notifies customer of incidence occurrence in compliance to SL
- Provides Quarterly Reports as required by client
- Supports project implementation
- Provides procedural feedback and initiation
- Determines problem solving variables in standardized situations; includes appropriate individuals for decision making process
SKILLS, ABILITIES, and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED for SUCCESS
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form
- Ability to diffuse complaints in a professional and timely manne
- Ability to follow instructions, read, and interprets documents for operating, training, and disseminating to others
- Ability to be a good listener, hear and understand a customer problem; or question and help them solve it
- Ability to take direction from the SharePoint Team Leader and Director of Operations
- Ability to mentor junior level team members
BONUS POINTS FOR….
o Microsoft Certified IT Professional or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
o 2+ years of experience administering user security in the MOSS environment including the use of SharePoint and Active Directory
o Experience with Federation using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
Paid Time Off: for vacation, holidays, illness
Profit Sharing: through Oakwood’s 401(k) plan
Health and Wellness: medical, dental, and vision benefits
Life and Disability Insurance: company paid
Knowledge: Oakwood wants lifelong learners! To show our commitment, we help you learn new things, prepare for certifications and pay for the tests; offer bonuses when you achieve the certification!
Excellence: we only hire the best, so you’ll get to work with smart people (like yourself) everyday
Fun: We laugh. A Lot. We work in a fun office environment. Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises and twice-annual events full of fun
Community focus: there is the community within our offices where we have built teams that care about each other as humans; there is the community outside the office where we expect our people to be involved; we support each other in that – it may be charitable, it may be technological, it may be recreational – bottom line is that we show up
Integrity: you don’t make it over 30 years in business without doing the right thing
Important Things to Know:
- You move ahead at your speed in your chosen direction
- Your work matters
- Personal Growth is an expectation not an afterthought
- “Build it and they will come”
- We reward hard work
- We favor autonomy over micro managers
Oakwood encourages our team members to collaborate; to pursue and gain continued education and certifications relevant to their career paths; to gain exposure to cutting edge technologies; facilitate corporate learning events; and attend or lead a relevant seminar, etc. If you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in a high-tech organization with an outgoing team that enjoys what they do—this is your opportunity!