The Oakwood team has won numerous awards throughout its history, including Microsoft’s coveted "Partner of the Year Award". As a Top 50 National Microsoft Gold partner, Oakwood hires the best and the brightest - then provides an environment in which they can thrive. We are proud of our 39-year legacy of enabling companies undergoing change and transformation across a multitude of industries.
Being a team member of Oakwood means being “in-the-know” on Microsoft’s latest technologies. We meet and work with Microsoft service and product teams as we help bring value to our clients. Oakwood continues to assemble a unique spectrum of talented, award-winning problem solvers. Next on our list - a SQL DBA!
The SQL DBA configures and maintains performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure availability and consistent performance. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical competencies, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
An Oakwood SQL DBA…
- Manages SQL Server databases from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring system health and performance; ensures high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real time; provides problem resolution end-to-end
- Assists developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Maintains Backups and performs Recovery; restores data from backups
- Provides 24x7 support for critical production systems
- Performs scheduled maintenance; supports release deployment activities after hours
• Bachelors level degree in a technology related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4+ year of SQL database administration experience
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server
• Familiarity with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
• Experience working with Windows server
• Experience Monitoring and Troubleshooting issues with IO, Memory, and CPU
• Database upgrades in stand-alone, Clustered, and Always-On Availability Group environments
• Flexible, team player, with a “get-it-done” personality
BONUS POINTS for….
- Ability to read, write, and tune T-SQL including stored procedures and functions
- Cloud Experience (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience of advanced storage architectures
- Familiarity with SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with DevOps, GitHub
Paid Time Off: for vacation, holidays, illness
Profit Sharing: through Oakwood’s 401(k) plan
Health and Wellness: medical, dental, and vision benefits
Life and Disability Insurance: company paid
Knowledge: Oakwood wants lifelong learners! To show our commitment, we help you learn new things, prepare for certifications and pay for the tests; offer bonuses when you achieve the certification!
Excellence: we only hire the best, so you’ll get to work with smart people (like yourself) everyday
Fun: We laugh. A Lot. We work in a fun office environment. Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises and twice-annual events full of fun
Community focus: there is the community within our offices where we have built teams that care about each other as humans; there is the community outside the office where we expect our people to be involved; we support each other in that – it may be charitable, it may be technological, it may be recreational – bottom line is that we show up
Integrity: you don’t make it over 30 years in business without doing the right thing
Important Things to Know:
- You move ahead at your speed in your chosen direction
- Your work matters
- Personal Growth is an expectation not an afterthought
- “Build it and they will come”
- We reward hard work
- We favor autonomy over micro managers