Part-Time Event Associate, Timing & Scoring Operations
Running events are at the center of what we do. NYRR is seeking weekend help in executing some of the world’s premier road races. A part time event associate, timing & scoring operations staff member will work on-site with the event’s Timing & Scoring Manager to ensure accurate results and the tracking of each runner in a timely and efficient manner. The timing and scoring associate will gain insight into current RFID systems through the lens of the running industry. Experience a running race from the other perspective working a part of a team with a flair for Information Technology.
- Set-up and Breakdown of Timing Equipment at assigned locations; Start, Finish, Splits
- Monitor Timing Equipment ensuring systems are functioning properly
- Adhere to Event Logistics Timelines
- Coordinate with other event staff in the set-up and breakdown of event areas
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically under pressure
- Interest in Event Production
- Interest in Technology and gadgets
- Ability to work early shifts on weekends for prolonged hours; i.e. 3:30am – 11:00am, mostly within Central Park, some races vary by borough
- Work availability for The TCS New York City Marathon, Sunday 11/6/2022
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Comprehensive System Training
- Join a world class team and have fun in the process
At New York Road Runners, we are committed to building an inclusive, diverse workplace by finding the best candidate for the job. We understand that skills come from a variety of different backgrounds. Checking off every single requirement on our job description is not necessary to apply. If you think you are a good fit and have a passion for the work we do, please submit your application. We are eager to learn about your experience and skills! You may be the right candidate for this or other open positions.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer