Warehouse CDL Driver
New York Road Runners (NYRR) was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club into the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to help and inspire through running, aiming to empower people of all ages and abilities to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s year-round offerings of races, community events, programs, and training resources provide hundreds of thousands of people with the motivation, know-how, and opportunities to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top professional runners and committed amateurs alike, while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for New York City. NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire children in underserved communities in New York City, nationwide, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR is a 501(c)(3) organization. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
At New York Road Runners, we are committed to building an inclusive, diverse workplace by finding the best candidate for the job. We understand that skills come from a variety of different backgrounds. Checking off every single requirement on our job description is not necessary to apply. If you think you are a good fit and have a passion for the work we do, please submit your application. We are eager to learn about your experience and skills! You may be the right candidate for this or other open positions.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Department
Our Event Development and Production (ED&P) department develops and produces NYRR events from concept all the way through execution in a way that fulfills NYRR’s mission. NYRR produces 56 races per year, in addition to the TCS New York City Marathon, and additional events within each race. The events team is responsible for physical site management, volunteer management, hospitality and special events, safety and security, and managing our Warehouse and all race collateral.
About the Position
This position supports operations for NYRR’s Warehouse and weekly events and is responsible for the safe and professional transport of assets/equipment using either company owned Fleet vehicles, or third party owned rentals.
The selected candidate will be required to assist in physical tasks, including loading and unloading assets into transport vehicles, and supporting with delineation, barricades, and additional physical tasks as required.
This is a part-time role, and the candidate should not expect to exceed more than 20 hours weekly, with few exceptions during our peak seasons.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties)
- Safe operation of vehicles, not limited to straight trucks, 15 passenger vans, and pickup trucks.
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment and vehicles.
- Maintains safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established timelines.
- Loads and/or unloads cargo using proper material handling equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment and/or cargo is properly secured.
- Safely operates various types of liftgates.
- Safely operates manual and electric pallet jacks to move equipment around a variety of environments.
- Report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents/incidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Drive trucks with a swept cargo box and clean windows and mirrors.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement.
- Must have a Motor Vehicle Report representing a history of safe and competent driving.
- Must meet US DOT medical qualification standards for Interstate driving.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Must accurately and efficiently perform inventory of items being loaded and/or unloaded from vehicles.
- Must meet all requirements of Section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of commercial truck routes in the NYC Metro Region.
- Professional communication skills, Bilingual Spanish fluency a plus.
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule, must be able to work late nights, early morning, and weekends as needed in support of NYRR events.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of organization.
- Ability to work autonomously on tasks assigned without direct supervision.
- Strong reliable team player with the ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and lead by example across multiple functions.
- The candidate should be comfortable with the indirect oversight and transport of highly valuable equipment as well as interactions with consumers/runners.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Hourly Rate: CDL B - $26.00 and CDL A - $30.00
NYRR requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer