Group Sales Representative
The Group Sales Representative is a temporary part-time position that supports the Group Sales business through customer service and administrative tasks.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive organization culture throughout the institution.
The New York Botanical Garden is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible work environment, and further recognizes that diversity in our workforce fosters excellence in our mission of advocating for the plants of the world. Leveraging the strong foundation of existing policies and practices, NYBG will advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility through a number of institutional initiatives. Our aspiration is to continue to cultivate a workforce and institution that is as diverse as the communities we serve and the audiences we engage.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exemplary customer service to all clients while ensuring revenue is maximized.
- Answer Group Sales telephone lines and respond to email inquiries.
- Sell adult group tickets to Tour Operators, Garden Clubs, and other related organizations.
- Enter reservations into the ticketing system – send confirmation and invoice to client.
- Collect and process payments – follow up on unpaid invoices.
- Enforce all payment and cancellation policies – issue credits and refunds.
- Assist with scheduling and confirming tour guides based on the needs of the client/group.
- Meet and greet groups, review itinerary and Garden offerings.
- Scheduling of group dining and provide catering form to the Garden’s caterer as required.
- Oversee group sales events, coordinating with various departments for set-up and execution.
- Help grow the business by assisting in outbound sales campaigns to past visitors and prospects.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma required; some college preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required; proven ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required, knowledge of ticketing systems/and or database systems a plus.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- A valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Must have ability to move 30 lbs.
Please be advised, as a term and condition of accepting a job offer the candidate for employment must submit proof of full vaccination. Candidates for employment unable to submit proof of full vaccination at the time of the offer will not be considered for employment.
This policy is subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the American for Disabilities Act (ADA) and other EEO consideration. If you believe that because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption to this policy please contact [email protected].
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at [email protected]
EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with disabilities/Veterans