Northwest Center is HIRING! Join The Big Blue Truck warehouse team as our next Supervisor. You can expect to have a hands-on role supervising warehouse staff, inbound and outbound shipments, inventory control, reporting, and more! The work we do is imperative in creating the impact in our community our mission leads us to. A world of inclusion is the world as it should be. Northwest Center is there every step of the way with the support of divisions like The Big Blue Truck.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 11 am – 8 pm
Salary: $21-$24 per hour (DOE)
Location: SeaTac, WA
- Excellent medical benefits, elective dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Subsidized gym membership
- Verizon Wireless employee discount
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
✶ Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19.
- Logistics/Transportation/Distribution/Warehouse or related experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area is accepted in lieu of required experience
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
- Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
- Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software suite and web-based applications
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer-based applications
- Required flexibility in schedule (required: occasional nights and weekends)
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the hands-on supervision and coordination of warehouse activities by coordinating inbound and outbound shipments, maintaining an open dialogue with pickup and delivery teams, storing, maintaining inventory levels, ordering, supervising employees, and reporting any issues to management. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
- Serves as a champion for Northwest Center’s Big Blue Truck Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives
- Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse associates. This is a hands-on position and will involve physical movement of product along with supervisory duties
- Delegating and assigning tasks, projects, and evaluating the working of the warehouse team
- Adhering to the compliance of all OSHA, DOT, and safety procedures
- Managing and proper reporting of all product inventory, supplies, and equipment
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring work efficiencies of the warehouse team
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the warehouse associates
- Ensuring the proper storage and functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment
- Provide daily clean-up of warehouse work areas to ensure a clean and safe warehouse environment
- Cross trains for opening/closing and dispatching roles
- Ensuring correct product is loaded, staged, and/or ready for delivery
- Operate equipment as necessary including up to 26’ straight truck
Additional Requirements (Working Conditions/Physical):
- Walking on uneven ground.
- Bending/stooping at the waist.
- Reaching overhead and forward.
- Crouching (bend at knees), and squatting.
- Reading small print materials.
- Legible handwriting for charts.
- Driving and operating motorized vehicles.
- Exposure to vibrations, humidity, cold and/or heat, and sun.
- Work outdoors and in noisy environments.
- Talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Hearing by phone (normal voice or whispering)
- Vision (correctable, depth perception, distinguish colors, and peripheral).
- Must be able to undergo forklift certification and be able to operate a forklift.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran status.