Pickup & Delivery Service Manager
Northwest Center is HIRING! Join our Iconic Big Blue Truck Team as a Pickup & Delivery Service Manager in this pivotal role. You can expect to have a hands-on role managing multiple teams while creating impact in our community. A world of inclusion is the world as it should be. Northwest Center is there every step of the way with the support and success of our divisions like, The Big Blue Truck.
Salary: $62,000-67,000 DOE
Location: SeaTac, WA
Join the inclusion revolution! Apply Now!
You will be responsible for hands-on managing of the pickup and delivery of donations across multi delivery teams. Supports the Northwest Center’s Big Blue Truck culture and mission. Works closely with sales, customer service, and other management teams to ensure successful customer-facing results.
- Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performance management, staff scheduling, support day to day staff productivity of 60 driving team members/fleet of 27 non-CDL trucks
- Manages opening daily operations, route planning, customer store communications
- Ensures the safe and efficient pickup and delivery of product throughout the Puget Sound area, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trucks, trailers, and company assets
- Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others
- Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results
- Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals
- Serves as a leader of all safety programs and ensure staff understands the importance of consistent safe driving
- Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate
- Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with Northwest Center policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, and warehouse safety
- Coordinates Large Pickups, Bin placements and removals
- Scheduling of daily Store Deliveries and trailer unloads
- Supports Eastern Washington operations as assigned and willing to travel up to 20% of time as needed to support the needs of business in local area and Spokane market
- Cross trains on Warehouse functions
- Takes on additional projects, tasks, duties as business needs require to remain successful
Ideal Candidates Will Have Experience With….
- Logistics/Transportation/Distribution/Warehouse or related experience required
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
- Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software suite (Excel proficient) and web-based applications
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer- based applications
- Required flexibility in schedule (required: occasional nights and weekends)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred; 5 + years of logistic/transportation experience or a related area is accepted in lieu of degree
- Walking on uneven ground
- Bending/stooping at waist
- Climbing stairs
- Reaching overhead and forward
- Crouching (bend at knees), and squatting
- Reading small print materials
- Legible handwriting for charts
- Driving and operating motorized vehicle
- Exposure to vibrations, humidity, cold and/or heat, and sun
- Work outdoors and in noisy environments
- Talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice
- Hearing by phone (normal voice or whispering)
- Vision (correctable, depth perception, distinguish colors, and peripheral)
- Ability to work an unexpected schedule
People of all abilities working together.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.