Do you want to be a part of a leading organization that promotes the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities?
At Northwest Center, we do this by creating opportunities for education, rehabilitation, and employment. Northwest Center seeks to develop and support an inclusive community where all people can fully participate by learning and working together. We envision a day when all people have the same opportunities to grow, contribute to our society, and enjoy a fulfilling life.
Position: General Manager
Check out the benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
Our Argus Janitorial team is looking to add a General Manager to lead the daily operations through managing financial performance, customer relationship, business growth and employee recruitment and development. This position is accountable for all aspects of the janitorial services contracts for various business customers in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. The General Manager plays a key role in ensuring the Argus Janitorial team continues to provide world class service to our customers.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE: INCLUDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS.
- 7+ years in senior operational leadership position
- Extensive experience in janitorial/facilities maintenance industry
- Oversight of 75+ employees in a service-based industry
- Oversight of multiple large accounts ($1 million annual revenue each) within a multi-city region
- Budget management of at least 4 million annually
- Passionate about Northwest Center’s vision and mission
- Bachelor’s degree with additional industry certifications preferred
Essential Job Duties (this is not an all-inclusive list):
- Work side-by-side with operational leadership to facilitate, influence and lead the successful daily operations.
- Lead a sophisticated scheduling and recruiting process that proactively address staffing issues to ensure NWC can attract and retain sufficient headcount needed to provide all needed janitorial services.
- Fosters a culture of customer and quality standards that is embodied by all levels of leadership by having a consistent presence at all job sites and setting the standards of cleanliness of the building and consistently reviewing the contracted scope of work.
- Establish a staff training program to ensure employees are educated on custodial best practices through hands-on training, and consistently coached and encouraged to perform daily work at or above established cleaning standards.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communication, coaching, training and development
- Foster a culture that practices equity and inclusion through the advocacy of awareness and ongoing education.
Customer Relationship and Business Growth
- Partner with corporate marketing to develop and implement short-term and long-term marketing strategies to achieve and maintain competitiveness. Serves as a regional expert to ensure marketing strategies are tailored to the local market.
- Secure new business and maintain current customers. Make sure that customers are contacted periodically in regards to services being performed and maintain follow through of customer’s complaints and documented in approved tracking system.
- Review sales efforts in the company by all sales staff and make recommendations where improvement is needed so that a strong sales effort is maintained.
Financial Oversight and Administration
- Full ownership of budget, payroll costs, expenses including monthly forecasting and supply control records while ensuring exceptional customer services.
- Create and own yearly budget and strategically forecast throughout the year to meet expected and unexpected budgetary changes.
- Accountable for purchasing of supplies, equipment, and inventory management within contractual requirements.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran status.