Amazon - Front Desk Supervisor (Seattle) for Northwest Center Services
Northwest Center @ Amazon (NWC @ Amazon) is seeking a dynamic people leader, one who is friendly and professional to act as a Reception Supervisor.
The Reception Supervisor will be responsible for the overall success of all team members and operations within their group of buildings. This position includes maintaining positive relationships to support the coaching and development of a diverse workforce to ensure we provide a customer-centric experience and that the highest quality standards are upheld. This role works in a fast-paced, demanding corporate environment. The Reception Supervisor works to improve processes to increase their team's overall efficiency while managing various projects and audits.
A successful candidate has exceptional interpersonal skills to motivate others effectively, can practice a high level of confidentiality, maintain good judgment in a high-stress environment, continuously seek to improve the effectiveness of our operation, foster an inclusive environment, and is detail-oriented with the ability to "envision the big picture".
Starting Salary: $60,000 + per year
Schedule: Full Time, Monday – Friday (Schedule Varies)
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Company Provided Orca Card
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Access to the Amazon Spheres
- Opportunities to join NWC’s Committees & Employee Resources Groups
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Providing management, day-to-day direction, and leadership to the entire Reception Team, including temporary workers
- Ensuring program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded through appropriate staffing levels within Amazon buildings, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction
- Planning and developing employee work schedules, including coordinating break coverage
- Leading and participating in additional project-related work, delegating as needed
- Become the subject matter expert on all building operations, security access levels, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, and any escalation processes
- Supporting employee development by creating individualized goals and training plans
- Training new receptionists in all administrative and customer support expectations and procedures on the desk and phones
- Accountable for staff performance and that all procedures, processes, and policies are understood and followed
- Oversee routine personnel functions, including interviewing, hiring, performance evaluations, and terminations in collaboration with Management
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict, and expeditious conflict resolution
- Demonstrating appreciation and sensitivity for diverse backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, and lifestyle choices
- Providing elevated customer support and handling escalated situations with callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and guests entering the Amazon space
- Maintaining cleanliness and overall visual presence of lobby and back-room storage, ensuring it is cleaned, organized, and stocked
- Attending regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership
- Acting as a liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon, and other Vendors to ensure continuity across campus locations
- Associates degree
- Three or more (3+) years of experience in customer service or administrative support
- Two or more (2+) years of experience as a supervisor or related role
- Experience in crowd or security management systems (i.e., Lenel, Right Crowd) preferred
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- The ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings, so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required
- This is a dog-friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit
Who we are:
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center's businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center's mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.