Big Blue Truck Depot Helper
Northwest Center’s iconic Big Blue Truck division is hiring for a Donation Depot Helper in Mukilteo, WA!
As a Donation Depot Helper, you will assist the public by accepting donations and properly loading them into the warehouse depot and/or onto assigned stationary trucks/trailers. You will use your customer-centric disposition to provide excellent customer service to all you encounter, while providing assistance to the Depot Lead staff member.
Schedule: Part Time Monday – Friday 11:30am to 5:30pm
Wage: $15.50 - $16.50 per hour DOE
What to expect in this role (but not limited to):
- Regular and Reliable Attendance and Punctuality are Required.
- Work Flexible hours that are subject to change based on seasonality and work schedule as written
- Efficiently assist each donor/customer with their donation, and while screening items for acceptability
- Provide a high degree of customer service that enhances Northwest Center’s Reputation.
- Distribute information, Literature including FAQ’s, Receipts.
- Perform other work-related duties.
- Excellent attendance
- Customer service experience
- Following main staff instructions
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of safe lifting and other safety procedures. Must be familiar with literation and forms use for donor information.
- Must by physically able to lift 25 lbs frequently and 75 lbs occasionally. Must read and write English at a proficiency to accomplish essential functions.
- Must be able to get in and out of truck and walk to retrieve donor’s donations.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.