Custodian - Jackson Federal Building
Northwest Center is seeking dedicated and reliable individuals to join our team as Custodians.
As a Custodian, you will maintain a clean and safe environment for our employees, customers, and program participants. Training will be provided to ensure you are well-equipped to perform your duties effectively and safely.
Team members perform a variety of cleaning tasks with on-site Supervisor support. We are an inclusive and supportive group that takes pride in our work!
★ Applicants who disclose disability will be given preference. ★
We are currently scheduling interviews and cannot wait to meet you!
Schedule: Monday - Friday 4:30 PM - 1:00 AM (part-time to full-time)
Wage: $19.50 - $19.50 Per hour
Additional Compensation: $4.23 H&W Per Hour and $1,000 Hiring Bonus
*$500 to be paid out after 60 days of employment, and $500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 11 paid holidays
- Parental Leave and Paid Compassion Leave
- Two weeks of paid training
- Opportunity to become a mentor or mentee through NWC’s Mentorship Match program
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Perform routine cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and dusting
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, breakrooms, and common areas
- Empty trash receptacles and replace liners
- Ensure all cleaning supplies are well-stocked
- Assist with minor maintenance tasks as needed
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- No prior custodial experience required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and perform physical tasks as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- Able to read, write, and speak English clearly
Northwest Center is an AbilityOne government contractor. AbilityOne contracts are intended to create employment opportunities for people with disabilities through its network of affiliated nonprofit agencies. Therefore, a large percentage of the positions must be filled by people with documented disabilities.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.