Amazon - Corporate Receptionist (Seattle) for Northwest Center Services
Are you looking for an excellent career starter in an exciting corporate environment? As a part of the reception team, you will assist with a variety of administrative activities and tasks including greeting and checking in guests, providing resources, and assisting with projects and audits as well as distributing badges. Reception is Amazon’s face and voice to their clients and guests. In this role, you will provide 5-star customer service and have an obsession for customer satisfaction. Our receptionists are solution providers and seek to deliver a memorable customer centric experience through each interaction. Our former receptionists have risen to positions that have taken them to the next level in their career, so why not you?
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:20AM – 3:50PM and 9:35AM - 6:05PM (must have open availability to work both shifts as scheduled)
Wage: Starting Wage: $21.80 per hour | Full Wage Range: $21.80 - $25.95 per hour
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- Additional 11 Annual Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Verbally welcome customers upon entrance.
- Act as the point of reference for guests & Amazon employees who need assistance or information.
- Be attentive and provide exceptional, professional customer service to Amazonians, clients, contractors, and visitors.
- Responsible for building knowledge, and understanding current and future scheduled events & maintenance.
- Help resolve any escalations with guests and visitors in a professional and polite manner. Maintain office security by following security procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
What You Need for This Role:
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with polite and professional etiquette.
- Positive, upbeat attitude and demonstrate respect for everyone.
- Must be reliable and punctual with excellent organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience using MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain composure and good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Must be able to frequently transport supplies between Amazon buildings, up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours
- Ability to move consistently within a 1.5 miles radius between several Amazon buildings is required.
This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.