Assistant Program Manager, Dogs at Work Program for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
The Dogs at Work (DAW) Program is an employee HR benefit administered by Amazon Global Real Estate & Facilities (GREF) in collaboration with Amazon HR. Offered at select corporate sites throughout the United States, the program supports Amazon employees bringing their dogs to work in a safe way. The Assistant Program Manager works to develop ways to build better dog parks, provide educational tools, guide owners to dog-related resources, and ensure owners and non-owners voices are heard through outreach. DAW hosts and participates in events showcasing the cultural significance of dogs in the workplace to enhance the dog community in neighborhoods with Amazon buildings.
By supporting, registration, community events, education and awareness, this position supports the health and wellbeing of the program and assists in this remaining a safe environment for dogs and Amazonians.
Location: South Lake Union, SoDo, Queen Anne, Redmond, Bellevue
Salary: $63,003 per year + Excellent Benefits
Schedule: Full-time flexible schedule but typically M-F between 7:30am - 6PM
*** Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application ***
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- In partnership with Director, Special Projects, assist in budget development, financial forecasting and gathering of monthly financial reporting information.
- Assist in development of business proposals and contracts for new opportunities.
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the programs. Understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the served customer. Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement timely solutions.
- Define and closely monitor day-to-day service levels and overall KPIs, including qualitative measures.
- Design reports and dashboards to track activity.
- Own general maintenance and presence of online wiki, providing clear and concise communication and updates to Amazon customers
- Own the building and maintenance of program and operational SOPs and Playbooks
- Oversee development of monthly engagement newsletter, including content creation and validation, within agreed upon distribution timeline with Amazon client
- Become the subject matter expert of all dog program related items including, but not limited to, building requirements, amenities for dogs and their owners, and various events.
- Drive Amazon community engagement and coordination of monthly events in conjunction with various other programs, including vendor partners, NWC internal teams and Amazon employees
- Manage 2 customer facing emails shared email mail boxes responding to questions, inquiries, updates, and escalations.
- Assist in resolving customer escalations and concerns in a timely manner– engaging with management, Amazon program owners, and HRBPs when necessary
- Partner with registration team processing customer dog registration request, in partnership with various NWC programs, ensuring building compliance and a timely accurate registration process
- Build and maintain training documentation for registration team support.
Needed Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates Required
- Minimum 3+ years program management experience
- Minimum of 2+ years in compliance and community engagement position.
- Moderate computer skills in MS Office, Advanced skills preferred
- Experience in employee assets tracking management systems
- Must love dogs and be willing to learn about how dogs can be supported in the workplace.
- Ability to plan and execute on ideas with safety and scalability
- Ability to work across AMER locations and build relationships with other vendors, POC, etc.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality without exception
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- A self-starter who takes initiative and can deliver high level results
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.