Northwest Center is looking for an Employment Consultant to join our team working in the North Seattle area!
As an Employment Consultant, you can make a difference. You will not only be providing vital services to people with disabilities, but you will also be an ambassador for social change in your community! We partner with businesses for long-term employment solutions; you'll create and maintain those relationships while advocating for our mission.
Schedule: Full-time Monday - Friday
Wage: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour + Mileage Reimbursement for miles driven for work.
Location: Seattle, WA
Check out the benefits Northwest Center has to offer here:
Though every day can be different, what you can expect in this role is:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with employers in the community by answering questions or concerns
- Assessing the client's skills, abilities, and gifts and specific challenges each individual may have to help find the best options for competitive employment.
- Developing written employment plans with the client/guardian/family/network, etc., laying a foundation and overarching strategy to assist in our client's future success surrounding their employment goals
- Advocating on behalf of the client with local businesses to develop assessment sites, internships, voluntary opportunities, and employment opportunities
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with members of the assigned client's support network
- Learning tasks for all worksite to train skills to clients
- And so much more!
- Six months of experience working in a disability-focused human services field preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- We work when our clients work. You will need the ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays as required.
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.