Reception Supervisor for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
NORTHWEST CENTER IS HIRING FOR A RECEPTION SUPERVISOR!!
Under the direction of the Reception Program Manager, the Reception Supervisor assumes responsibility for all team members and operations within their group of buildings. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff to ensure we provide a customer centric experience through each interaction, overseeing a variety of projects and audits, and working to improve processes to increase team’s overall efficiency. Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction.
Pay Rate: $50,000 per year + Excellent Benefits
Hours: Monday-Friday, schedule varies
Location: Crystal City, VA and will also include coverage in the DMV area
*** Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. ***
KEY RESPONSBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Reception Team, including temporary workers.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels within Amazon building’s, and making sure staff are onsite and prepared for operations at scheduled start times. Communicating employee call outs to leadership and willing to provide coverage as needed.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Plan and develop employee work schedules, coordinating break coverage ensuring the best use of resources.
- Lead and participate in additional project related work, delegating as needed.
- Become the subject matter expert of all building operations including, but not limited to, security access levels, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, and any escalation processes.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Responsible for training new receptionists in all administrative support and customer support expectations, and procedures both on the desk and on the phone.
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Assist Management in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Provide elevated customer support for callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests entering Amazon space.
- Handle escalated situations with callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests
- Maintain cleanliness and overall visual presence of lobby and back room storage ensuring it is cleaned, organized and stocked as necessary.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years increasing responsibility in position, and oversight of projects and other team members with proven experience in a corporate customer service environment
- Minimum of 1+ years in reception services environment
- Moderate computer skills in MS Office, Advanced skills preferred
- Experience in Guest/Visitor Management systems
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.