Sr. Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two businesses, Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
This position would be focused on our configurable and custom direct expansion commercial products. This ranges from 6 to over 300 tons of cooling with airflows up to 300,000 cfm. There would be a high technical and design focus to the position as every application can be unique and require a unique solution to meet the building demands. On top of the applications of the equipment, this employee would be guiding the technology being developed for the applicable product lines and participate on our marketing plan of the equipment.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- This role is a balance of strategic thinking and execution.
- The role will directly contribute to the growth of the organization through developing and commercializing new products and technology.
- Allows for the opportunity to work with executives and senior leaders in the organization.
- Strategic Business Plan - Develop the five-year business plan for the respective product line including SWOT analysis, competitive analysis, product road-mapping, and product strategy development. This document will serve as the guide for managing the product line.
- Pricing Strategy - Support and assist in pricing management for the product line, including stock pricing and quotations. Develop pricing strategies where appropriate and benchmark pricing levels versus competitors.
- Product Development - Work with engineering, distributors, end users, etc. to develop and launch products to help increase product breadth and depth in the product line. Prepare catalogs, brochures, and promotions to position and promote the product line in the marketplace.
- Competitive Analysis - Review competitor catalogs, brochures, and promotions regularly to evaluate trends among the competitors. Compare features and benefits against our product to help determine product improvements.
- Operational Issues - Work with engineering, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution services to improve products and services for the product line. This will include quality and costing issues, forecasting, inventory management, productivity, service issues, etc.
- Sales Rep/End User Visits - Travel with the sales team to help create demand for our products and to help generate new product development ideas. Visits help establish rapport with the sales channels and customers in order to position our product in the market.
- Support and Contribute to Promotional Activities - Assist Marketing Team in the creative work necessary for designing collateral material, print advertising, web development and other promotional campaigns.
- Market Development - Develop appropriate marketing programs to attract new and existing markets. This will include programs to grow the product line in new geographic areas.
- Leadership - Proactively help others in the group by advising, listening, etc. on issues not related to their assigned product line. Share experiences that will help the group effectively manage their product lines.
- Training - Participate in developing and presenting training for the assigned product line.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or technical field
- 7 to 10 years related product management experience
- Experience in the custom air handling and HVAC industry
- Experience owning development of a product and working cross-functionally with engineers, sales, marketing, and manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to groups across all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Air handling and HVAC industry experience
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.