Project Engineer - Electrical
About Nortek Global HVAC
Global HVAC is a company that leverages its strong brands, design and manufacturing capabilities, and business systems to deliver industry-leading designs that make the world safer, healthier, and more productive.
Project Engineer-Electrical will be responsible for the electrical/electronic portion of heating and air moving equipment designs. This position will work closely with Combustion Engineers, Mechanical Designers, Technical Writers, BOM Technicians and Lab Technicians to create industry leading designs.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results with a “Front Line Obsession”.
- Works collaboratively as one team with “Fanatical Focus on the Customer”.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- An “Entrepreneur” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, to make the world “Safer, Healthier and More Productive”.
- Design, selection and specification of electrical/electronic components and systems for heating and air moving products
- Provides technical direction pertaining the electrical/electronic section of new projects
- Assist in the testing and certification of heating and air moving products
- Write testing procedures for Quality Control
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Provides technical support to Sales, Marketing and Technical Writing for new and existing designs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Select and specify electrical/electronic components
- Design relay logic circuits
- Interpret ladder style wiring diagrams
- Troubleshoot using electrical schematics
- Analyze and solve technical problems quickly and effectively
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, self-motivated, sense of urgency, and good listening skills
- Thrive in a team environment
- 2-4 years of design engineering experience
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and Controls
- Knowledge of IoT devices
- Knowledge of Carel and ACL control systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation for flow, temperature, pressure, and actuators
- Experience with Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) including programming and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Short Circuit Current Ratings (SCCR) is a plus
Nortek Global HVAC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.