Talent Acquisition Specialist
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: Responsible for using innovative sourcing strategies to directly recruit passive and active candidates for a growing organization in a very competitive market.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of a growing and dynamic organization by building a strong talent pipeline.
- Identify, develop, recommend and execute advanced, cost-effective and creative sourcing strategies to attract world class talent and build a diverse pipeline of top candidates through leveraging technology, data mining, social media and networking to recruit passive candidates.
- Stay current with industry and staffing trends and compensation data.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all candidates to keep them engaged through the hiring process.
- Perform full-cycle recruiting for business partners, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers. Provides guidance and support to HR Business partners in assessing, interviewing, and selecting best in class talent for the company.
- Assist managers with the creation and processing of employee actions in Workday for assigned location(s).
- Participate in job scope/in-take conversations with hiring team to determine specifications for each position.
- Process and review employment applications in the ATS in order to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Schedule and conduct phone and in person interviews with qualified candidates.
- Communicate to and interview/assess candidates using behavioral-based interview questions to determine if candidate is a match for the role.
- Recommend and negotiate offers with candidates, in partnership with hiring manager and HRBP.
- Initiate background checks.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing and recruitment, including offer letters and job changes.
- Manage employee relocation activities, working with vendors to ensure exceptional employee experience.
- Assist with employee on-boarding including compliance document review and new hire orientation.
- Assist HRBPs in managing work visa process, working with outside counsel as necessary.
- Additional talent acquisition and human resources projects, as needed.
- As part of a matrix structure, the position reports to the Talent Acquisition Manager based in the United States.
- Desire and ability to ‘think out of the box’ and execute creative and pro-active sourcing strategies for difficult to fill positions.
- Have an understanding of the best practices and market trends in talent attraction;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Three to eight years’ experience in Talent Acquisition and Human Resources, preferably in manufacturing. Staffing experience must include sourcing utilizing various social media platforms, networking, job boards, and building a pipeline of passive candidates.
- Experience in recruiting exempt and nonexempt positions at all levels.
- Excellent social media skills
- Great negotiating skills
- Ability to manage several projects at once and respect deadlines
- Capacity to handle significant workload and prioritize.
- Passion for creating an exceptional candidate experience.
- Must have strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and continuously evolving work environment.
- Workday HRIS experience.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.