Plant Controller - Data Center Cooling
Plant Controller – Data Center Cooling
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Dyersburg, TN
Business Unit: Accounting
Relocation is NOT being offered
Our Plant Controller will be responsible to control company assets relating to the manufacturing facility. The person in this role will coordinate the accounting functions along with peripheral duties to supply both plant and corporate management with accurate, timely, and pertinent information. Assist and advise the plant management staff in the operations of the plant.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- Ability to select and hire “A” players, continuously develops employees, coaches to maximize performance and manages underperformers.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is a great opportunity to help lead a plant recently introduced to a large high-growth customer where we are making big investments to scale with the customer’s demand in the data center market.
- Direct and participate in the financial management of the plant.
- Establish and ensure accuracy to the company accounting practices and policies.
- Ensure the accuracy of the book and perpetual inventory balances by ensuring that monthly reconciliations and cycle counting are being performed.
- Coordinate the publishing of plant performance indicators and other data on a daily/weekly basis for the use of plant management in the operation of the plant.
- Review performance results with plant manager and staff and take a pro-active role in suggesting and monitoring corrective actions related to unfavorable results.
- Ensure the attainment of financial goals for the plant, including expense control, headcount additions, and production attainment.
- Assist operations of the plant by advising of problem areas and suggesting solutions.
- Coordinate capital requirements of the plant; review all Capital Expenditure Requests for accuracy and justification; ensure that company policies are adhered to with regard to capitalizations, spending and approval; perform post-audits to determine actual financial performance of each project.
- Manage subordinate personnel, including giving direction and performing formal annual performance evaluation; train, develop and motivate subordinates to ensure smooth daily operation and enhanced-productivity.
- Administer the update of the plant financial forecast; alert management to any unusual of unfavorable trends and advises on solutions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely financial closing on a monthly basis; report on plant operating results to V.P. of Finance and General Manager.
- Compile and publish monthly reporting package that will supply plant and upper management with pertinent information that will assist in determining operational direction.
- Review manufacturing standards for accuracy, including bills of material and labor routings for new products.
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process for the plant, including setting specific financial and operational performance objectives, compiling annual plan and ensuring that corporate deadlines and reporting objectives are met.
- Ensure that the annual inventory is taken in an accurate, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Determine appropriate “standards” for labor and overhead rates and ensure pricing tools reflect these rates.
- Participate in pre-bid and pre-book reviews and ensure the project profitability is appropriately presented in the review.
- Ensure the appropriate financial control environment is in place at the plant.
- Coordinate appropriate response to internal or external audit.
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes.
- Education: 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, plus a broad knowledge of plant finance.
- Experience: Minimum of four years of experience in a similar or related position.
- Ability to present complex data sets in a simple, easy to understand analysis.
- A record of strong operational finance leadership.
- MBA degree a plus.
- Solid cost accounting experience.
- Strong change management skills.
Who we are:
Nortek Data Center Cooling is a Madison Industries company. Madison Industries is one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world and has a robust portfolio of indoor air quality solutions. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value.
At Nortek Data Center Cooling, we’re shaping the future by Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day! We are a premier HVAC company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through our employees’ commitment to quality, customer experience and operational excellence.
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the NAS team:
- You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful change.
- You are closest to customers/markets and understand our business.
- We move quickly. You can make the right decisions daily.
- You are where success begins and ends.
- Each of you can help make us better every day.
Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination – Nortek Data Center Cooling. is an equal employment opportunity and afﬁrmative action employer and all qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualiﬁed individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.