Machine Operator SPEX-3
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
The incumbent is responsible of the coordination and the works closely with the upcoming shift operator to determine any needs that may arise regarding changeover. He/she will serve a critical role within our forging process. This includes understanding and overseeing the quality production of all the parts created.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the StatePoint Technologies team:
- You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful change.
- You are closest to customers/markets and understand our business.
- We move quickly. You can make the right decisions daily.
- You are where success begins and ends.
- Each of you can help make us better every day.
- Read and follow written instructions and basic mechanical drawing specifications for equipment operations and changeover requirements.
- Ability to follow written directions for proper changeover procedures. Understand and implement proper changeover procedures.
- Monitor meters, gauges, valves, viscosity, temperatures, pressures, related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specification.
- Perform machine and quality checks as outlined in the work standards. Immediately report any out of specification product to the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
- Account for machine scrap. Complete all required scrap tags and labels for scrap tracking. Process scrap as directed by the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
- Report and assist maintenance crew in the repair, adjustments, and preventative maintenance.
- Complete any required reports as directed by the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
- Comply with all activities related to product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality.
- Maintain a clean working environment and follow all safety guidelines and policies always. Report any unsafe conditions to the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
- Maintain good communication with team members.
- Verify use of correct materials by inspection and parts lists; identify and correct process and material defects.
- Perform basic math calculations to maintain accurate counts of parts produced, adequate parts supply.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED Required;
- General sheet metal knowledge;
- 1-2 years of machine operator experience required;
- Have good physical abilities since the job requires physical work in various positions;
- Some knowledge in Quality Assurance;
- Attention to detail;
- Verbal, written and cross-cultural communication skills, emphasizing interpersonal communication skills.
- Similar work experience preferred;
- Must be able to work Overtime;
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.