Software Developer II
Position: Software Developer II
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Seeking a .NET developer responsible for building fully functional applications focusing on front-end and back-end support. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Test and debug various .NET applications
- Migrate existing programs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Ensures solutions are developed in compliance with client standards, e.g. governance plan, etc.
- Develops and designs unit test plans and resolves software bugs.
- Works closely with end-users, customers, solution architects and other stakeholders to coordinate plans and activities that affect the solution.
- Facilitates an efficient development process based on agile principles, and is an advocate for agile principles and the further development of efficiencies in the software development process.
- Communicates and coordinates with management, solution architects, and operations staff to address technical issues, e.g. solution design or development issues, bugs, etc.
- Ensures developed code is versioned and proper source control is practiced.
- Perform other related assignments as needed.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in developing solutions based on the Microsoft .NET platform
- Prefer experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to interact with end users and translate business language into technical requirements
- BS in Computer Science Preferred
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with team members.
- ITIL Foundation, preferred.
- MCPD: ASP.NET and/or MCPD: Web Developer – preferred
- Occasionally lifting of 5-10 lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and or hear.
- Extended working hours.
- 20% travel expected for this position.
- Will be required to use a computer screen for extensive periods of time.
NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V