Studio BIM Leader
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ Seattle as a Studio BIM Leader. The successful candidate will understand the strategic importance of Building Information Modelling (BIM), possessing strong technical and interpersonal skills to support the overall management of BIM in the studio. With the ability to work within multiple platforms and a strong understanding of the holistic approach to design, we are looking for this person to make a significant impact in solidifying our methodologies and ensuring their effective execution across all our projects. This can include more active involvement in the most significant projects in the studio, representing the firm externally and demonstrating our ability to lead Clients and project teams through the BIM process.
In your new role:
- Lead the advancement of BIM and associated technologies within the studio
- Manage Project BIM leaders and Coordinators across the studio
- Ensure every project has sufficient BIM management oversight
- Participate in staff recruitment and resourcing
- Mentor developing talent within your studio
- Oversee training and education of staff around digital tools
- Be a studio representative as part of the firm wide NBBJ Digital team
- Contribute toward firm wide standards and best practices through NBBJ Digital initiatives and ensure implementation across the Studio
- Represent the firm to external Clients, Contractors and Consultants
- Participate in NBBJ Digital initiatives, exploring future technologies and workflows, including opportunities for interoperability and integration with specialist subjects and the evaluation of new tools and capabilities
- Facilitate the allocation of hardware and planning of infrastructure and/or cloud-based solutions to leverage project teams
- Directly lead the BIM process for larger or more complex projects
- Assist Project Managers in the review of BIM-centric Contracts and Scope of Services
- Ensure the execution of the Digital Management Toolkit, including Early Engagement, Project Execution Planning and Digital Charrettes
- Provide support for technical, workflow and/or application queries to project teams within the studio
- Provide support to project teams for the creation of models and content in line with firm wide standards
- Collaborate with Studio Digital leaders to provide direction for digital growth within the studio.
- Minimum 7 years of Architecture experience
- Bachelors of Architecture, Building Information Modelling or equivalent
- Proven experience delivering large and complex projects using Revit
- Advanced/Expert level knowledge of Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Proven experience in project coordination including collaboration with team members and external consultants, using industry renowned software platforms
- Ability to identify and communicate areas where skills, tools and processes could be improved
- Passion for sharing knowledge and a demonstrated ability for clearly communicating complex technical ideas to designers, managers and clients
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Licensure (Architect)
- Masters of Architecture, Building Information Modelling Management or equivalent
- Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit
- Experience and passion for ‘Computational BIM’ through using Dynamo or other scripting and programming languages
- Workflow knowledge in associated Autodesk products including: Navisworks, 3DS Max, BIM360, AutoCAD etc.
- Experience with Rhino and Grasshopper
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.