Senior Lab Planner, Science Practice
We are an award-winning design firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. Our purpose-driven approach creates healthy places, strong communities and a resilient environment. That’s where you come in. With leading clients, diverse colleagues and offices in creative capitals around the globe, a career at NBBJ will inspire you to be extraordinary and help create lasting change. You can learn more about our firm, see what it’s like to work here and explore recent projects and ideas at NBBJ.com. Join us to make an impact today!
The role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ San Francisco as a Senior Lab Planner. We are seeking a talented and innovative someone with relevant experience in laboratory programming, planning and design for Commercial Life Sciences companies and institutions. The ideal candidate will be able to speak to Clients, Partners, Principals, Studio members to identify needs and produce effectively.
In your new role, you will:
- Be one of the main client liaisons to determine laboratory brief and design criteria
- Develop an integrated laboratory concept which includes specialist environmental and equipment driven criteria
- Schedules planning and technical requirements through an understanding of the scientific mission for the facility including design, security, safety, and integrates these with overall building, engineering and structural concepts
- Is an advocate for the laboratory design within the project team
- Develops and coordinates room design criteria for projects and distributes to the project team
- Develops and integrates laboratory equipment lists and casework layouts for projects
What you will need to succeed:
- 10+ years of planning experience on complex facilities
- Track record of production of accurate drawings and project deliverables on time
- Revit skills essential
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic, communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work as part of team, ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive and independent approach to work and ownership of assigned tasks
The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $110,000 and $170,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.