Business Development Manager
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ | ESI Design New York as a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager will report to the Marketing Director. This individual will work closely with leaders in marketing, accounts, and creative disciplines to envision and implement strategies for growing the business, winning new projects, and building relationships in key markets. The role will be strategic (targeting and researching new leads), client-facing (nurturing cold, warm, and hot leads), and creative (contributing to marketing/sales collateral, design competitions, and positioning).
In your new role:
- Work collaboratively with the studio’s leadership team to create and implement strategies for reaching top-line revenue goals;
- Proactively research, identify, and qualify new clients, markets, and project opportunities;
- Contact potential clients to establish a relationship and introduce the appropriate creative/account leaders;
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop winning collateral, proposals, and presentations;
- Expand our use of tools such as win/loss debriefs, surveys, CRM data analysis, and other methods to understand market trends, identify opportunities, and track success metrics;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of sales, marketing, or business development experience, with a preference for experience in creative/design fields;
- Ability to learn and articulate the value of experience design to potential clients;
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, and public speaking skills;
- Strategic thinking: able to understand a prospective client’s needs, identify competitive differentiators, and execute win strategies;
- Entrepreneurial spirit: able to work both independently and in collaboration with diverse stakeholders;
- Energetic, competitive spirit: driven to win and able to lead with optimism and persistence;
- Strong track record of success managing key initiatives and meeting goals;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM platforms (familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus);
- Able to travel occasionally for targeted meetings and events.
- The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $110,000 and $150,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.